- Certified Medical Assistant - Alamance ENT is looking for Certified Medical Assistant to join our team.
Medical Coder - We are looking to hire a medical coder to assist us with coding medical documentation for insurance claims and for our databases. To ensure success you need to make judicious decisions on which codes to assign in each instance, and function to a high level of accuracy. Top applicants are motivated, detail-oriented, and have outstanding people skills. Alamance ENT requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required.
Medical Coder Responsibilities
- Extracting relevant information from patient records.
- Liaising with physicians and other parties to clarify information.
- Examining documents for missing information.
- Assigning CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM
- Ensuring documents are grammatically correct and free from typing errors.
- Performing chart audits.
- Advising and training physicians and staff on medical coding.
- Ensuring compliance with medical coding policies and guidelines.
- Pre-certifying all surgical procedures which includes verifying eligibility and collecting deductibles and co-insurance prior to surgery.
Medical Coder Requirements
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 2+ years of work experience as a medical coder.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Spanish-speaking team member - Alamance ENT is looking for a bilingual team member to join our administrative staff. The position includes: interpreting for our Spanish-speaking patients, making appointments, answering the phone and performing other clerical duties.