What causes snoring?
Snoring occurs when floppy tissue in the airway relaxes during sleep and vibrates.
What can you do to help light snoring?
Adults who suffer from mild or occasional snoring should try the following self-help remedies:
- Adopt a healthy and athletic lifestyle to develop good muscle tone and lose weight.
- Avoid tranquilizers, sleeping pills, and antihistamines before bedtime.
- Avoid alcohol for at least four hours and heavy meals or snacks for three hours before bedtime.
- Establish regular sleep patterns
- Sleep on your side rather than your back
- Tilt the head of your bed upwards four inches.