Paul H. Juengel, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Paul Juengel graduated with his bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, then completed his medical school and residency at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. He moved to North Carolina in 1986 to join Dr. William Vaught at Alamance Ear, Nose & Throat.
Dr. Juengel continues in advanced studies of the newest information and techniques in Allergy Therapy and Endoscopic Sinus Surgery. He was the first ENT in Alamance and Guilford Counties to be certified for in-office Balloon Sinuplasty, a minimally invasive sinus procedure that involves no cutting of bone or tissue. This procedure can be performed in his Mebane office using topical numbing medications. He is also certified to do minimally invasive repair of nasal valve collapse, including Latera implants and Vivaer Nasal Airway Remodeling. He treats nasal polyps and other nasal diseases.
He is a fellow of The American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy and deals with all types of allergies, including inhalants, foods, stinging venoms, and penicillin allergy testing. Immunotherapy is done with allergy shots or sublingual drops.
He also sees patients with general ENT problems, with a special interest in thyroid surgery.
Dr. Juengel and his wife, Cathy, live in Burlington. They have 4 children and 10 grandchildren.
Accepting new patients:
- I am accepting new patients.
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science : 1977
- Wayne State University Medical School : 1977-1981
- Department of Surgery. William Beaumont Hospital, Michigan : 1981-1982
- Department of Otolaryngology. Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit Michigan: 1981-1986
In Practice Since:
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- American College of Surgeons