P. Scott Bennett, M.D.
Dr. Bennett is a native of Burlington, NC and received his Bachelor of Science in Biology, as well as his medical degree at the University of North Carolina. He completed his internship in General Surgery and residency in Otolaryngology at the University of Florida, and is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. Bennett specializes in the treatment of adult and pediatric ear, nose and throat disorders; including sinus and allergy problems, snoring and sleep disordered breathing, dizziness, hearing loss and other ear problems. He also can provide comprehensive management of cancers and benign growths in the head and neck including skin lesions, thyroid and salivary gland nodules, oral and throat cancers, congenital neck masses and cysts, and growths in the lymph nodes. He has a particular interest in endoscopic sinus surgery and surgical management of disorders of the ear. A father of three, Dr. Bennett particularly enjoys seeing pediatric patients and providing for their special needs.
Dr. Bennett's professional mission is to provide personalized care with an emphasis on educating patients about ear nose and throat problems, and involving the patient in the treatment plan. The ultimate goal is to treat each patient as if he/she were a family member, providing excellent care based on the sound principles endorsed by the American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. Bennett's personal interests include playing with his children, singing, playing guitar, computer based music composition, video editing, photography and sketching.
Accepting new patients:
- I am accepting new patients.
- Adult and Pediatric ear, nose, and throat care
- Allergy - Comprehensive allergy testing and treatment including allergy shots
- Otology - Medical and surgical management of disorders of the ear and mastoid
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Bachelor of Science in Biology : 1985-1989
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine : 1989-1993
- Department of Surgery. University of Florida, Shands Hospital : 1993-1994
- Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. University of Florida, Shands Hospital: 1994-1998
- Diplomate, American Board of Otolaryngology : 1999
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners : 1993
- North Carolina Medical Board Licensure: 1998
In Practice Since:
- American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery : 1994 to present
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy : 2006 to present
- American Board of Otolaryngology : 1999 to present
- North Carolina Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery : 2006 to present
- American Medical Association : 1992 to present
- North Carolina Medical Society : 1999 to present
Honors and Awards:
- Gerald E. Merwin, MD Research Award : 1998
- Resident Book Award for Inservice Exam Excellence : 1998
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine Honors Merit Scholarship : 1990
- PHC College Scholarship : 1989